Meru when launched in India around in the April of 2007 it was one of the first cab services which provided customers to book a taxi on a phone call. Unlike traditional black and yellow taxis in the Mumbai city Meru provided quality as well efficient service for airport accommodation as well as the transportation within the city.
However with an entry of app-based services such as OLA and UBER Meru somehow started facing the heat of the competition. Hence with the latest Facebook messenger booking facility;the company has tried to revive itself again in the fray.
How Does IT Work?
- To use the lasted Facebook messenger bot by Meru; there are very simple steps which are needed.
- Search Meru cabs on the Facebook messenger in the bot and business section and starts a chat.
- One time OTP will be sent after you follow the instruction and you will be able to chat with Meru messenger bot/
- To book a cab you can simply share your location in the chat thread which will later be followed by a message about the selection of the vehicle i.e either sedan or hatchback.
- Once you are don with it an expected time will be given and you will be received by Meru at you provided the location.
Meru cabs are going to be the first cab service to use this messenger bot system to book a cab without downloading a separate app for the same. This latest feature will allow over 150 million Messenger users to book a cab. Let’s see whether we get to see a positive impact of this services on Meru’s business expansion or not.