Apple devices have always offered a crisp display to its consumers. While gaming on an iPhone or an iPad is a class apart, people also like to watch videos on the go. One notion that is on everyone’s mind is that a video can be transferred to an iPhone or an iPad only using iTunes. While to transfer videos via iTunes is a native option to go to, there are other ways to do so as well.
We will talk now about the VLC app which allows the transfer of content via an FTP(File Transfer Protocol) server. What does that mean? If your laptop/desktop and the iPhone/iPad are connected to the same network, you can transfer the content over the air. So no hassles of the cables and you can transfer and watch videos on your Apple device right away.
Follow the steps below and trust me, it is a cakewalk:
- Download the VLC app on your iPhone/iPad by clicking here
- Open the app once it is installed
- Tap on the VLC icon to open the side nav menu
- Turn on ‘Sharing via Wifi’
- Make sure your laptop/desktop and iPhone/iPad are connected to the same network
- Open the browser on your laptop/desktop and enter the URL mentioned under ‘Sharing via WiFi’ in the VLC app
- Drag and drop the video or audio file
- Once the progress bar reaches 100%, you will instantly see the transferred content on your iPhone/iPad
Wasn’t that super easy without the hassles of iTunes?
Just in case you get stuck anywhere, write to us in the comments below and we would revert to it soon enough.